New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• Thank-you to the Spikers for the latest drone video.
• There will be a Community Drive Through of the New Facility at a date to be announced in March.
• Updated photos of the new PK-12 facility.
• Contractors continue setting door frames as well as plumbing/HVAC/electrical rough-ins as the masonry walls are constructed.
• Planning to begin final underground electrical rough-in at the kitchen as weather permits.
• Preparing to install the plumbing underground piping in the administration/middle school wing of the building as weather permits.
• Building the lower level exterior masonry bearing walls at the administration/middle school wing of the building.
• Completed building the first level masonry bearing walls at the administration wing stairwell.
• Building the masonry bearing walls at the main electrical room and kitchen area.
• The facility CORE team met on the job site and finalized brick selection and discussed the eight lane track facility.
• Mrs. Snider, Mr. Parker, Mr. Dunlap, and Mr. Clifford attended the Bridges Out of Poverty presentation. Thank you to Help Me Grow Agency for organizing this beneficial training.
• Mrs. Snider attended the Academic Challenge meet. Thank you to Mrs. Shaw and the students for your achievements.
• Mrs. Snider and Mrs. Harding met with the County CIC concerning future county development.
• Mrs. Snider and Mrs. Harding attending a meeting with the Village of Cadiz administrator and CIC members concerning the Cadiz walking trail and Route 9 turn lane.
• Mrs. Snider worked with the Jefferson County ESC on transition services for a student.
• Mr. Morgan led meetings at the Harrison Career Center, Harrison East Elementary School, Harrison North Elementary School, and Harrison Central Junior-Senior High School
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Hajiran collaborated with related service providers for Harrison Hills City Schools.
• Mr. Morgan collaborated with faculty and administration regarding special education and gifted education
• Mr. Morgan arranged for student enrollment within Harrison Hills City Schools.
• Mr. Morgan and Mr. Dunlap collaborated on student scheduling at Harrison Central Junior-Senior High School
• Mr. Ripley met with cooks this week to review through different topics
• Thank you to the Nutrition Group for providing dinner for the Board of Education before January’s board meeting
• Mr. Ripley met with Mr. Hibbs to align transportation for athletic events
• Mr. Ripley met with a representative from Truck Sales and Service regarding the purchase of additional buses
• Harrison County Health Department was in to conduct inspections for the cafeterias at Harrison North and East
• The fiscal department has been working to make sure all processing will go smoothly with current products used by the department for processing purchase orders and checks as they move to the new State Software Redesign Programming. All vendors have confirmed, everything will interface.
• The Treasurer met with Tiffany Stock, Jenny Gibson met concerning the Safe Schools Program and Budget. A budget revision will be submitted to expend all available funds.
Harrison Central Jr/Sr High
• The Academic Challenge Team beat Edison on Thursday evening!
• Mentors from the Brightway Program worked with students about the dangers of social media.
• Mrs. Wright’s 8th grade science professor of the week, Aiden Raber, demonstrating a Homopolar motor.
• All 7th & 8th graders will be receiving life skills training on multiple topics throughout the rest of the school year. Thank you Jacqui Knight and Crossroads!
• Mock Trial was held at the Tuscarawas County Common Pleas Court on Friday….
• Mackenzie Evans earned Outstanding Witness and Lucas Puskarich earned Outstanding Attorney for Trial 1!
• Thank you to these students that helped at the food bank on Wednesday!
• Administrators attended the Bridges Out Of Poverty Workshop held at Wallace Lodge on Wednesday, January 24.
• Mr. Parker and Mr. Dunlap met with students in need of academic assistance.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, January 29 – Girls Basketball v. Brooke in Cadiz @ 6pm
Monday, January 29 – Bowling v. Union Local at JR Lanes @ 4pm
Wednesday, January 31 – SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT in High School Auditorium starts @ 6:45pm
Thursday, February 1 – Boys Basketball v. Buckeye Local in Cadiz @ 6pm
Harrison East Elementary
School Boards Lead so Students Can Achieve
• In honor of School Board Recognition Month the students and staff would like to thank you, our school board members, for ongoing dedication and commitment to our school and our district! Pictured below are students Landyn Dulkoski, Peyton Roski, Danica Rensi, Trista Thompson, Ella Smith, Bristol Moore, and Garrett Wade holding a sign thanking our school board members.
• D.A.R.E. Officer Tony begins having classes for 3rd grade students.
• Mr. Bengier’s 4th grade science students are making different series and parallel circuits in order to light up the bulbs and make the motor run.
• Kids Of Steel
For the second consecutive year, Mrs. Burgey has implemented this wellness program into 3rd grade and it is becoming quite successful! The students engage in physical activity such as organized walks, games, and guided exercises. They also will have the pleasure of hosting guest speakers. Third grade learns about nutrition, why we stretch, fit for life, and hydration.
Traditionally, the Kids of Steel Program is a wellness program designed for schools to prepare for a “marathon” in Pittsburgh. Mrs. Burgey received permission from the KOS organization to remain on site in Hopedale. In the spring, the students will walk 1.5 to 2 miles in close proximity to the school and with a representative from KOS and show off our wellness! While training for their premier event, they our logging our physical activity at school. At the conclusion of the school year, 3rd grade will have logged a complete marathon -26.2 miles! Mrs. Burgey is working in conjunction with Mr. Palmer and incorporating many KOS activities within their scheduled gym time as well. Pictured below are students walking, learning how to use household items as fitness equipment, and the kids practicing training techniques such as dips during PE class.
Mark Your Calendar
01/30 PTO meeting at 5:30 with Parent Club at 5:00PM All welcomed to attend
02/03 Mobile Dentist
02/09 3rd 9-weeks Progress Reports sent home
02/12 thru 02/19 NO PAWS Afterschool
02/16 Parent- teacher conferences
02/19 President’s Day – no school
02/21 NO PAWS Afterschool
03/10 Regional Spelling Bee- Buckeye North Elementary 11:00 AM
03/16 3rd 9-weeks grading period ends
03/21 NO PAWS Afterschool (Staff meeting)
03/23 3rd 9-weeks Report Cards sent home
03/26 thru 04/06 NO PAWS Afterschool
03/29 Easter Recess begins
04/03 Classes resume
04/18 NO PAWS Afterschool (staff meeting)
04/20 Last scheduled day for PAWS Afterschool program
Harrison North Elementary
• Mark Hay from Momentum, Utica East Ohio Plant in Scio, Ohio talked to staff about the plant and what it does.
• Anisa Rocchi attended Childlight Yoga and Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training in Akron on Jan. 19, 20 & 21. Others in attendance were ladies in the fields of education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, child/family counseling, and yoga and fitness. This opportunity has certified her to teach yoga and mindfulness to children in and out of school ranging in ages from 2-12.
Mark Your Calendar
February 9- DLT / BLT
February 9- 3rd nine weeks progress reports sent home
February 14- Valentine’s Day Parties
February 16- Parent teacher conferences; No School for students
February 19- No School; President’s Day
February 20- Books with Badges (grades 1-4)
February 22- Ohio Department of Health Dental Check Ups (3rd grade)
February 27 & 28- Mobile Dentist
March 7- No Preschool Classes
March 16- 3rd nine weeks ends
March 23- 3rd nine weeks report cards sent home
March 29- April 2- No School; Easter break
April 3- Classes resume
© Harrison Hills City School District | 730 Peppard Ave. | Cadiz, OH 43907 | 740.942.7800