New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• Continue setting door frames as well as plumbing/HVAC/electrical rough-ins as the masonry walls are constructed.
• Planning to begin final underground electrical rough-in at the kitchen as weather permits.
• Completed the lower level exterior masonry bearing walls at the administration/middle school wing of the building.
• Completed erecting precast concrete floor slabs over the locker room and administration areas.
• Completed setting site lighting poles and light fixtures.
• Mrs. Snider attended the Literacy Grant meeting at the ESC.
• Congratulations to the boys basketball team on a great game last Friday and to seniors Caden Arbaugh, Dejuan Caldwell, Logan Elliott, and Chance Hersey. Also recognized was senior cheerleader Reanne Brooks.
• The superintendent has conversations with Belden Brick representatives concerning a custom blend of brick.
• The Board of Education meeting was held 2/22 and the football boosters spoke about customizing a section of bleachers.
• Mr. Morgan participated in meetings at the Harrison Career Center and the Harrison County Board of Developmental Disabilities Preschool
• Mr. Morgan, Mrs. Hajiran, and Mrs. Roski attended the professional development meeting at the Belmont Career Center
• Mr. Morgan collaborated with district administrators regarding school safety procedures
• Mr. Morgan collaborated with community members regarding new school visioning
• Harrison East Dishwasher was called in for repair
• Student bussing issues at Harrison East addressed
• Mr. Ripley attended the BASA Conference on School Safety this past week
• Mr. Ripley met with Kelly Howes regarding cafeteria selection and menu
• Mr. Ripley coordinated with the Cadiz Street Department to address water drainage between the weight and shop rooms.
Harrison Central Jr/Sr High
• A big thank you goes out to the FFA for all they do for our school and community! They celebrated National FFA Week and treated the staff to lunch!
• The seniors were celebrated at the last regular season basketball game on Friday. A 74-73 final over Garaway made for a memorable evening!
• 101 parent teacher conferences were held at Central last week.
Mark Your Calendar
February 27 & 28 – ACT Testing for Juniors
Harrison East Elementary
• Mrs. Burgey’s 3rd grade students are identifying generalizations. They enjoyed tossing them into their generalization umbrella.
• Mrs. McAfee’s super 2nd grade readers are Katie Cumings who reached 150 AR points. Cael Bryant and Lola Smith both hit their 100 point AR goal. McKynze Bryant, Saige Anthony, Kolton Mizer, and Nathan McBurney all reached their 75 point AR goal. Good job!
• Harrison East had the pleasure of wishing our DARE Officer, Deputy Tony Sedgmer, a very happy birthday this week. He was surprised with cake and cupcakes.
• Preschool welcomed Family Dentistry from St. Clairsville. Drs Presutti, Derosa, Boot and William shared with the students the importance of good dental hygiene.
• Students have collected an astonishing amount of POP TABS thus far for the Ronald McDonald House. Keep up with the great work! Pictured below with the massive amount of tabs are Dominic Maffitt, Amelliah Jones-Cougar, Grayson Elliott , and Madison Angel. Also in art, students have been collecting plastic caps in preparation for an art project to kick off Autism Awareness Month in April. Students will get the opportunity to vote on their favorite puzzle design. Older grades will transfer the selected design onto a sheet of plywood to create a bottle cap collage to promote Autism Awareness! To kick off Autism Awareness Month students and faculty will wear blue on Light it Up Blue Day which is Monday, April 2nd. Hunter Snyder is proudly showing off the bottle caps.
Mark Your Calendar
02/21 NO PAWS Afterschool
02/26-03/02 Book Fair held in the Library
02/27 Battle of the Books Literacy Night 5-6:30PM
02/28 Mobile Dentist
03/10 Regional Spelling Bee- Buckeye North Elementary 11:00 AM
03/16 3rd 9-weeks grading period ends
03/21 NO PAWS Afterschool (Staff meeting)
03/23 3rd 9-weeks Report Cards sent home
03/26 thru 04/06 NO PAWS Afterschool
03/29 Easter Recess begins
04/03 Classes resume
04/18 NO PAWS Afterschool (staff meeting)
04/20 Last scheduled day for PAWS Afterschool program
05/21 Preschool graduation 10 AM
05/21 Preschool Open House and registration 1:30-6:30
05/25 Last day of school
Harrison North Elementary
• Ms. Demas’ 3rd grade class has been studying fractions so we decided to make fraction pizzas. They had a good time. Thanks to the Scio and Wintersville Subway for donating boxes.
• Deputy Tony did a DARE lesson this week with 2nd grade that involved role playing about bullying.
• Mark Hays from Midstream UEO, the Scio plant returned to Harrison North to answer any questions we had from his last visit. He discussed safety at the plant and offered us tours of the plant as well.
• 5th grade students in Ms. Vancamp’s art class made presidential caricatures.
Mark Your Calendar
February 27 & 28 - Mobile Dentist
March 5 - March 9 - Literacy Spirit Week
March 5 - March 9 - Scholastic Book Fair
March 5 - Books with Badges (rescheduled)
March 7 - No Preschool Classes
March 8 - Literacy Night 4:30-6:00
March 16 - 3rd nine weeks ends
March 19 - Emoji Day (Wear emoji clothes to win prizes in the cafeteria)
March 23 - 3rd nine weeks report cards sent home
March 23 - pring Individual and Class Pictures
March 29 - April 2 - No School; Easter break
April 3 - Classes resume
© Harrison Hills City School District | 730 Peppard Ave. | Cadiz, OH 43907 | 740.942.7800