New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• The Board of Education, administration, SHP representatives, and Hammond staff met on April 27th. to review safety features with representatives from the Sherriff's office, Emergency Management, and Harrison Community Hospital.
• The Mason's and Mr. Gallagher met with the Board of Education, Hammond, and SHP to discuss a corner stone for the new facility.
• Constructing masonry walls in the PE gymnasium, multi-use PR room, and mechanical area.
• Continue elementary school wing concrete foundation installation.
• Completed remaining underground plumbing in the kitchen.
• Building interior masonry walls in the kitchen areas.
• Continue installation of permanent electrical service.
• Begin underground sanitary pipe installation in the high school wing.
• Overhead electrical rough in at the locker rooms.
• HVAC ductwork installation in the locker rooms.
• Install stone sub-base, vapor barrier, and wire reinforcement in the administration area in preparation for concrete slab on grade.
• Photos of inside building progress:
• Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, and Treasurer attended the Student Recognition Ceremony/ Luncheon at the First Church of Christ. Thank you to the teachers and coaches that attended this ceremony in support of our students.
• Mrs. Snider attended the ACT Recognition Breakfast of students that received a 30 or greater on this test. Congratulations to Racquel Richie and Breanna Smith.
• Mrs. Snider attended the Child Abuse Awareness Breakfast where signs of child trauma were presented.
• The Director of Operations attended a transportation coordinator’s meeting
• Mr. Ripley met with Damon’s representative to review the district program for janitorial needs
• Mr. Ripley met with several representatives regarding building and grounds projects
• Collaboration with the Ohio Department of Education in regards to transportation
• Attended the Oakview Advisory Board meeting
• Review meetings were held and attended at the Harrison Career Center
Harrison Central Jr/Sr High
• Luke McKinney, Payton Taylor, and George Novotny have been selected to participate in Buckeye Boys State and Victoria Morrison and Lexee McAfee for Girls State. It is an 8 day education program on Ohio government. Each participant will be exposed to the rights, privileges, duties, and responsibilities of citizens.
• On Friday evening our thespians took to the stage for inductions!
• Cyrus Adams, Racquel Ritchie, and Bethany Ripley hosted a Fine Arts Exposition for their senior project. They raised $134 to benefit the thespian and music programs.
• Another group of seniors had a successful Sunday Funday! Cody Jenkins and Callie Copeland held a bake sale at Sunday Funday hosted by Hannah Mattern, Gage Rapavi, Corey Dunlap, JR Heavilin, and Emily Moore. Everyone had fun and over $500 was donated to the Harrison County Cancer Crusaders!!
• Racquel Ritchie was recognized by the Jefferson County Education Service Center for her ACT results.
• SADD members volunteered to place pinwheels at the courthouse for child abuse awareness in Harrison County.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, April 30 – Baseball v. Park @ 5pm & JV Softball Doubleheader @ 5pm
Wednesday, May 2 – JV Baseball v. Coshocton @ 5pm
Harrison North Elementary
• Mrs. Bailey is introducing 5th grade to their new unit of study on slavery and the Underground Railroad. She is using a slideshow presentation created by 5th grader, Lilian Gibbons. Lily used her time in Mrs. Rocchi’s Enrichment class to create the slideshow.
• Mrs. Knight’s 4th grade were using QR codes to review for their Science SLO test.
• Mr. Saffell held April’s staff meeting.
• Successful tornado and fire drills were held.
• Ms. Vancamp’s 5th graders display their amazing art projects.
Mark Your Calendar
April 30 - 5th underground railroad field trip
May 4 - Kindergarten Registration
May 8 - Mrs. Gaffney’s 2nd grade to Ourant one room school
May 9 - No preschool classes
May 11 - Kindergarten Registration
May 11 - Miss Tipton’s 2nd grade to Ourant one room school
May 14 - Summer Reading Program with Puskarich Public Library Scio Branch
May 14 - Preschool field trip to The Farm at Walnut Creek
May 15 - Spring Music Program (grades 1, 3, & 5 perform)
May 15 - Jewett Head Start visits North
May 16 - grades 3-6 to The Wilds
May 16-18 - 6th grade field trip to Washington D.C.
May 18 - Senior walk thru
May 18 - 4th grade wax museum
May 21 - Preschool Graduation @ 10:30 a.m.
May 21 - Preschool Open House 1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
May 21 - 1st grade field trip to Akron Zoo
May 22 - 1st grade to Scio Park
May 23 - Carnegie Science Center to visit North
May 24 - Field Day
May 25 - Last day of school
May 25 - Awards Banquet and 6th grade farewell
May 25 - Report cards sent home
Harrison East Elementary
• Third grade students have been learning about animal adaptations. Groups chose an animal and learned about its special adaptations that allow it to survive. Students made posters and presented what they learned to their classmates.
• Mrs. McAfee’s second grade students used their creativity and shaving cream to practice their spelling words. Also pictured are Nathan McBurney and Lola Smith for reaching their most recent AR reading goals. Good job 2nd grade!
Mark Your Calendar
05/04 4th grade Presentation Day in the afternoon
05/09 2nd grade field trip to Ourant School
05/10 2nd grade field trip to Ourant School
05/11 2nd grade field trip to Ourant School
05/14 PAWS Field trip to Pittsburg Science Museum (late return)
05/15 3rd grade field trip to Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburg (late return)
05/15 Preschool field trip to the Norma Johnson
05/16 Preschool trip to the Hopedale Park
05/17 Spring Music program – grades 1st, 3rd, 5th
05/18 Memorial Day Program 9AM
05/18 Annual Senior Walk 11 AM
05/21 Preschool graduation 10 AM
05/21 Preschool Open House and registration 1:30-6:30
05/21 4th grade Poetry Day (AM at Gable’s Care Center and PM in the gym)
05/22 4th, 5th, and 6th grade End-of-Year Recognition Assembly (10AM)
05/23 Honors Breakfast 7:30AM Hopedale Social Hall
05/23 6th Grade Graduation (10AM)
05/24 4th Grade field trip to Austin Lake
05/24 6th grade field trip to KennyWood
05/24 Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades End-of-Year Recognition Assembly (10AM)
05/25 Last day of school
© Harrison Hills City School District | 730 Peppard Ave. | Cadiz, OH 43907 | 740.942.7800