New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• The floor to the kitchen is now completed
• Spray foam insulation is almost complete on the elementary wing
• An ELA window frame is now in place on the high school wing
• High school hallway
• Continue installing brick veneer at the elementary school wing of the building
• Installing HVAC, and electrical at the interior of the high school wing
• Continue installation of windows and curtainwall at the high school wing
• Installing drywall in the middle school wing
• Painting and installing ceilings in the administration area
• Installing cable tray and technology cabling in the administration, middle school, athletic, and dining areas
• Installing floor tile in the kitchen and locker room areas
• Metal stud framing, duct work installation, plumbing rough-in, and electrical rough-in at the elementary school wing
• Installing brick veneer and roof materials at the elementary school wing
• Continue installation of structural steel in the auditorium/music area
• Installing exterior metal panels and trim at the athletic area
• Installing exterior metal framing at the auditorium area
• District office administration and board of education members attended the Ohio School Boards Association conference.
• Mrs. Snider, Mr. Parker, and Mr. Dunlap met with the Pipe Fitters Union regarding offering certification through Harrison Hills.
• Mrs. Snider attended the OMERESA meeting where school laws and developing House Bills were reviewed.
• Mr. Morgan attended the OCALICON Conference on Special Education.
• Mr. Ripley attended a transportation PD session in Columbus.
• Mr. Ripley had a meeting with representatives from Transfinder.
• Mrs. Harding attended several financial sessions at the OSBA convention last week. The information was well presented and the sessions were very good.
• Kelley Howes, food service, and Mrs. Harding have been gathering additional information needed for the federal audit for food service. This audit should be wrapping up.
• The annual state audit is hoping to be complete within the next 3 to 4 weeks.
• New reporting requirements have been implemented concerning the building project. Mrs. Harding has completed all information and has worked with Hammond to make sure all financial data is balancing.
Harrison Central Jr/Sr High
• 8th graders took a reward trip to the corn maze. These girls were the only ones to get all five points in the maze!
• Veterans Day was observed on Monday with an assembly organized by seniors Job Positano, Dylan Redish, Keishi Arnold, and Sam McClelland. They interviewed area veterans and created a video detailing their time in service.
• Congrats to Jasmine and Destiny Arnold on their 39th and 47th place finishes at the State Cross Country Meet!!
• The high school and junior high cheer squads brought home 1st place trophies last weekend! Good job!
• Seniors Sydney Starr, Evan Stine, and Jara Madzia represented Harrison Central at the OVAC soccer game on Sunday.
• Mr. Zalenski and Mrs. Ripley are pictured with the honors choir after their performance.
• Football, cheer, and soccer celebrated their seasons with banquets on Sunday.
• A youth basketball camp was hosted by the high school boys basketball team!
Harrison East Elementary
• Sixth graders participated in an interactive learning activity to practice solving algebraic expressions. Partner groups worked to solve given problems and first group to find the solution, rang buzzer to share out answer!
• East’s monthly staff meeting
• As the votes were tallied, 3 pumpkin decorating contestants were chosen in Mrs. McAfee’s 2nd grade contest. Students chose their favorite chapter book character and decorated a pumpkin in the character’s likeness. Winners were Olin Wade, Aubrey Coffman, and Morgan Stock.
• Second graders Noah Burdge and Shyla Nameth achieved 75 and 150 AR points, respectively, this week! Good job!
Mark Your Calendar
• Thanksgiving Break
• Thanksgiving Day
• Classes resume
• Begins Rudolph’s Countdown to Christmas in the cafeteria
• 5th grade field trip to The Magical Theater for Prancer
• Christmas Program featuring grades K, 2, 4, and 6
• Christmas break begins
• Merry Christmas!
• Happy New Year
• Classes resume
Harrison North Elementary
• On Monday, November 12 Harrison North held a Veteran’s Day program. The program was presented by the Scio American Legion. This year we were honored to also have four high school students who did an excellent job going out and interviewing veterans of all ages and creating a PowerPoint for us to watch. Thank you to all Veteran’s for your service!
• Preschool students finished up getting their opportunity to tell about their All About Me poster, and they were also busy painting feathers for their turkeys.
• Students in grades 3-6 added feathers to a turkey in the hallway to express what they are thankful for.
• Beautiful Indian corn adorns the hallway thanks to Ms. Vancamp’s art classes.
• Students in Miss Tipton’s 2nd grade brainstormed what they were thankful for. Then each student made their own thankful turkey writing many things that they are thankful for.
• November staff meetings were held.
• School nurse, Holli Kulow, entered Harrison North’s absent data in a contest through Lysol at the end of last school year. She was notified that we were runner’s up in the contest for the lowest number of absent students due to the flu. Harrison North was rewarded with Lysol wipes and a Kinsa thermometer.
Mark Your Calendar
Wednesday, November 21
• Thanksgiving break begins; No classes
Monday, November 26
• Classes Resume
Thursday, December 6
• PTA cookie dough delivery
Friday, December 7
• Jefferson County JVS visit
Tuesday, December 11
• Harrison North’s Spelling Bee
Friday, December 14
• Share a Christmas pick up from 1-3 p.m. in Barr Memorial
Wednesday, December 19
• Winter Music Program
Friday, December 21
• Christmas Break begins; No School
Wednesday, January 2
• Classes Resume
Friday, January 4
• 2nd nine weeks ends
Friday, January 11
• 2nd nine weeks report cards available to view
Monday, January 21
• No School; Martin Luther King Jr. Day
© Harrison Hills City School District | 730 Peppard Ave. | Cadiz, OH 43907 | 740.942.7800