Harrison Open Houses
Friday, June 7th from 2:00-7:00pm
• Visit Harrison East, Harrison North, and Harrison Central
New Facility Grand Opening
Saturday, August 10th at 3:00pm
• Tours, refreshments, and souvenirs
New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• The HC is now painted on the middle/elementary school gym floor
• Site signage has begun
• Hand dryers are being installed in the larger bathrooms
• The two story walkway connecting the elementary to the middle school work continues
• Mr. Ripley met with Belmont Correctional Facility regarding security for the moving of items to the new school.
• Mr. Ripley and Mr. Albaugh had a training on the water heaters at the new school.
• Painting and installing ceilings in the elementary school wing
• Installation of casework in the elementary school wing first and second floors
• Installing technology cabling in the elementary school wing and arts area
• Electrical wiring at the elementary school wing and musical area
• Installing wood gym floors and striping
• Installing permanent flooring in the elementary school wing
• Installing exterior metal panels and trim at the student dining and high school wings
• Finishing drywall at the auditorium and arts area of the building
• Painting and installing ceilings at the arts are of the building
• Electrical, HVAC, and fire suppression installations at the auditorium and arts area of the building
• Interior glass and glazing
• Installing exterior glass and glazing at the elementary school connectors
• Installing hollow metal and wood doors and hardware
• Installing exterior site concrete at the front of the building and preparing for concrete in the main parking area
• Installing fieldhouse underground plumbing
• Mrs. Snider attended the Harrison East Honors Breakfast at Hopedale Social Hall. Thank you to the Lions Club for providing this wonderful breakfast.
• Mrs. Snider and Mr. Morgan attended the Senior Awards Ceremony. Congratulations to the seniors who received from locally provided sources over one-hundred thousand dollars and over one million dollars including college scholarships.
• On May 23rd. Mrs. Snider and Mr. Morgan attended both the Harrison Career Center's Certificate Ceremony and Harrison Central's Baccalaureate Ceremony. Thank you to the Harrison County League of Churches for providing this spiritual event.
• Mrs. Harding and Mrs. Snider attended the OMERESA Board of Directors' meeting.
• All Administrators attended the 2019 Commencement Ceremony held on May 24th. Congratulations to all Harrison Central graduates and best wishes for a wonderful future.
• Bids were received for summer projects in the Stephenson Center, Tires, Oil, Pest Control and Landscaping for the new school.
• Mr. Ripley met with another prospective bus driver.
• A cookout was held at the bus garage for all faculty and substitutes.
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Carter worked to secure materials for graduation and the Class of 2019
• Mr. Morgan worked in collaboration with our design company on the legacy wall in the new school
• Mr. Morgan and Mr. Allen have worked to complete the time capsules to be installed in the new school
• Mr. Morgan and Mr. Ripley worked to secure class composite photos for the digital display within the new school
• Mr. Morgan secured curricular materials for Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, Mathematics, Computer Science, Spanish, and Industrial Arts
• Mr. Morgan participated in year-end special education meetings
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Hajiran collaborated on specific preparations for meetings within special education
• Mr. Morgan, Mr. Parker, and Mr. Clifford worked to integrate leaders within our District into the 20th Commencement Ceremony of Harrison Central High School
• Mr. Morgan collaborated with the HCBDD on summer service providers and location; thank you to Mrs. Brittany Wood!
• Mr. Morgan worked to prepare documents for scoring within gifted education
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Knight collaborated on the professional development day within reading and writing standards coverage
• Mr. Morgan worked with faculty on teacher licensure
• Mr. Morgan and a team of local employees worked to finalize details on new school construction details
• Mr. Morgan worked with local entities in preparing for our upcoming move and auction
• Mr. Morgan arranged and attended an introductory training on new curriculum within Science and Social Studies
• Mr. Morgan led a tour of former and current Harrison Hills Superintendents on the site of our new school complex
Harrison Central Jr/Sr High
• Congratulations Class of 2019!!!!
• Baccalaureate Service held at Wallace Lodge for Class of 2019.
• Congratulations to Mrs. Sevek on her retirement!!!
• Softball and girls track celebrated their seasons this week.
• Community members, students, and family members celebrated with seniors on Monday evening at the awards ceremony!
• Mrs. Pelegreen’s Algebra 2 students solved Math 3D-puzzle.
• Band and Choir Students performed at MarkWest Memorial Day Services.
• Congratulations to Eric Leech who qualified for the State Track Meet in the 1600m Run.
Mark Your Calendar
Saturday, June 1st
• State Track Meet @ Columbus @ 1:35PM-1600m Run
Harrison East Elementary
• Mrs. Wetherell’s 3rd grade class won the Autism Awareness contest by raising the most money and they celebrated with a blue-themed party.
• After 33 years of faithful service to our children, Harrison East’s Judy McCann is hanging up her cafeteria apron. The cafeteria won’t be the same without her!! Best wishes, Judy!!
• May Students of the Month are kindergarten, Brayden DiLoreto; 1st grade, Alexis Blanton; 2nd grade, Waylon Hodkinson; 3rd grade, Caleb Best; 4th grade, Sydney Smith; (absent) 5th grade, Kayne Dunkle; and 6th grade, Braylee Dunfee.
• Academic achievements were recognized at East’s annual Honor’s Breakfast. Over 100 students were recognized for being on the Honor Roll or the Principal’s List 3 of the 4 9-weeks. A special thanks to the Cadiz Lion’s Club for preparing the sausage and pancake breakfast.
• Harrison East enjoyed a week filled with a senior walk, preschool graduation, and grade level recognition awards assemblies.
• Sixth grade enjoyed their annual trek to Kenny Wood. It was a perfect day!!
• Mrs. Sliva’s 5th grade homeroom class participated in a character education and service learning program called “Be the Change”. Students are pictured below in their service projects.
• The final day for Harrison East was filled with food, fellowship, and fond memories.
Mark Your Calendar
Have a wonderful and safe summer break!
Monday, August 26
• First day of class for students
Harrison North Elementary
• Harrison Central high school seniors walked through the hallways of Harrison North on Monday, May 20th.
• On May 20th Harrison North held their preschool graduation. Congratulation to all the preschoolers who are moving on to kindergarten!
• The morning of May 21st Harrison North held their kindergarten, first, and second grade recognition assembly.
• The afternoon of May 21st Harrison North held their third, fourth, and fifth grade recognition assembly.
• 6th graders went to Kennywood on May 22nd.
• On May 20, the Oglebay Zoo visited Harrison North and shared animals and fun facts to grades K, 1, 4, 5 and 6. This was made possible by American Electric Power. The Foundation for Appalachian Ohio offered a grant funded by AEP.
• Carnegie Science Center visited Harrison North and presented a program about electricity, and students enjoyed face painting and dancing for the remainder of field day.
• On May 23rd Harrison North held a Memorial Day Program. A special thank you to the Scio American Legion! Also during this program the late Robert Brooks was honored for his service. The plaque that hung in Harrison North as you entered the court yard was presented to his son and wife.
• On May 23rd after school Tenley Telfer was honored for her retirement from Harrison Hills City School District.
• Harrison North wishes Sharon Benzo the very best in her retirement!
• Staff of Harrison North bid farewell as students left to go home on the last day of school at Harrison North Elementary.
Mark Your Calendar
Friday, June 7
• View Harrison Hills Schools from 2-7 p.m.
Saturday, August 10
• View the new prek-12 Harrison Hills School complex 3-7 p.m.
© Harrison Hills City School District | 730 Peppard Ave. | Cadiz, OH 43907 | 740.942.7800