Harrison Central Elementary
• We have positively outstanding students and staff!
• 4th graders used the design process to construct a hovercraft.
• 4th grade October Stem Projects This month the students used a cardboard paper towel roll to create a Stem project. We had kaleidoscopes, binoculars, a football stadium and much more! The 4th grade team is so proud of the students!
• Third Grader, Jax Triplett, shows his panda habitat after completing a 21st Century Enrichment assignment. Also pictured Third Grader, Zane Shaw, shows his shark habitat he created after completing an assignment.
• 5th graders reviewing vocabulary playing Quizlet Live Relay.
• The third grade STEM group's weekly challenge was to build a "natural" dam that would hold back the most water in a given time frame. Third grade is also learning about energy and its many forms. Students are exploring sound energy.
• Mrs. Starr's 21st Century Enrichment students have been studying a Bloom's unit on styles or art, artists, and materials used in art. They had to apply the knowledge they have learned in order to create an original painting inspired by the style of their favorite artist. Then they had to name their piece of artwork.
• Third Graders made Mr. Latitude and Mrs. Longitude characters to help solidify some mapping concepts!
• Second grade students who met their AR goal for the first 9-weeks enjoyed a movie in the Harrison Central Performing Arts Center.
Mark Your Calendar
Tuesday, November 19
• Grades 3-6 Honor Roll/Principal’s List - Wheeling Nailers
Wednesday, November 27
• Thanksgiving break
Thursday, November 28
• Happy Thanksgiving
Monday, December 2
• Classes resume
Wednesday, December 11
• Christmas Program with kindergarten, 1st , and 2nd grades
Friday, December 20
• Last day of school before Christmas break
Thursday, January 2
• Classes resume