Harrison Central Elementary
• Caden Jenkins and Cecelia Gibson are addition and subtraction Fact Masters! They both got there at the very same moment! We use the program Mobymax to build our fact fluency.
• In recognition of Constitution Day, September 17th, 4th and 5th grades examined our country’s living document more closely and learned some interesting facts. Fifth grade classes even made tricorne hats that our Founding Fathers wore.
• Miss Jacobsen’s 1st grade students learned about characters and setting this week in reading. At the end of the week they made a character from their reading story then illustrated what they’d learned.
• Harrison Central loves to celebrate positive behaviors! Spencer Hanson was recognized by his bus driver, Terri Wilson, for helping out!
• Preschoolers in Miss Ashley and Miss Dayna’s class showed their Husky spirit Friday! They have been learning all the school expectations and routines and have adjusted well to their first few weeks of school!!
• Harrison Central Elementary welcomed the homecoming court as they came and tattooed our primary classes. Students in kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades enjoyed interacting with high school royalty as they got their HC tattoo!
Mark Your Calendar
Wednesday, September 25
• “See Something, Say Something” Assembly grades 3-6
Friday, September 27
• 4th grade trip to Zitko Farm for Environmental Day
• Childhood Cancer Awareness walk approximately 2 PM
Monday, October 14
• Parent-Teacher conferences (no classes for students) Columbus Day
Wednesday, October 16
• Fall pictures preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade
Thursday, October 17
• Fall Pictures 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades
Friday, October 18
• Fall pictures 5th and 6th grade
Friday, October 25
• 1st 9-week grading period ends