Harrison Central Elementary
• Students in 5th and 6th grades decorated grab bags for Harmony House as they covered vocabulary words like charity. They also studied mythological creatures and created their own!
• Second grade super stars are at it again! JB Visser was the first in Mrs. McAfee’s room to meet his AR goal or 25 points. Mrs. Gaffney’s Jordan Boyer has mastered his addition and subtraction fact. Readers are sprouting up all over the 2nd grade pod!
• Thomas Smith proudly displays his OT project.
• Second grader, Reese Dunlap, noticed another student was upset because he did not receive a sticker. She chose to give her sticker to the student to cheer him up. She is such a caring person!
• Mrs. Franci Doty, 2nd grade teacher, was recognized as Harrison Central Elementary’s September Teacher of the Month. State Farm Insurance agent, Cassie Johnson, sponsored the recognition of one of our fine teaching staff.
• September Students of the Month were preschool: Brayden Kelley; kindergartener, Penelope Snodgrass; 1st grader, Karlee Chittenden; 2nd grader Emeri Sefsick; 3rd grader, Maci Manbeck; 4th grader, Cirsten Parrish; 5th grader, Charley Miller, and 6th grader, Kaleb Coffman. Congratulations to all!
• As part as the Job Shadowing program here at Harrison Central, exchange student Alex Flor is pictured administering a spelling test to two of Mrs. Bailey's 5 graders during Reading class on Friday. Alex's future goal is to become an English teacher in his home country of Paraguay, located in South America.
• Great conversations can occur during recess with new friendships are made. Varsity football and soccer players spent some time our students sharing the importance of academics and football.
• Fourth grade students are completing STEM projects each month. September’s challenge was to make a creation with an unsharpened pencil. Students shared during flex.
Mark Your Calendar
Friday, October 11
• Fifth grade field trip to Algonquin Mill Festival
Monday, October 14
• Parent-Teacher conferences (no classes for students)
• Columbus Day
Wednesday, October 16
• Fall pictures preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade
Thursday, October 17
• Fall Pictures 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades
Friday, October 18
• Fall pictures 5th and 6th grade
Monday, October 21
• Second grade field trip to Schumaker Farms
Friday, October 25
• 1st 9-week grading period ends