Harrison Central Elementary
• As part of second grade social studies curriculum students learn about personal accountability which includes making responsible choices, taking responsibility for actions, and respecting others. On Tuesday we had a special guest, Sensei Denny Miller, visit and discuss this topic with our students. Afterwards some of his students demonstrated their impressive karate skills.
• Superstar 2nd grade readers
• Presenting Harrison Central Elementary Students of the Month for December 2019.
Preschool, Jacob Lancaster and Kamden VanCuren. Kindergarten, Kenley Mason and Zasen Nice. 1st Grade, Brodie Sweeney and Addaline Reese. 2nd Grade, Paige Maffitt and Zane Willis. 3rd Grade, Kyle O'Rourke and Logan DeWees. 4th grade Harley Hamric and Nellie Patterson. 5th Grade, Morgan Bell and Jaylie Byers-Cornwell. 6th Grade, Lane Gibbons and Hayden Bittinger.
• Third grade has been busy learning about rocks and soil in Science class. Students sorted rocks from soil samples and observed how sediment settles in layers in water, which eventually hardens into sedimentary rock.
• Kyle O’Rourke shares his cheetah habitat he created with his third grade 21st Century Enrichment class.
• 3rd grade students received certificates for showing academic growth on STAR reading assessments. Also pictured is 3rd grader Andrew Miller who helped out Ms. Ferrell on her door decorations.
• Kindergarten students in Miss Tipton’s kindergarten up-cycled empty coffee creamer bottles into snowmen to add a little cheer to the season.
• Harrison Central Elementary positively enjoyed the month of December!
Mark Your Calendar
Friday, January 10
• 2nd 9-week grading period ends
Thursday, January 16 & Friday, January 17
• Mobile Dentist
Friday, January 17
• Report cards available
Monday, January 20
• MLK, Jr. Day – no classes
Friday, February 14
• Parent-Teacher Conferences – no classes
Monday, February 17
• President’s Day – no classes