New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• Cutting the ribbon on our new PK-12 facility on August 10th.
• New soft seating arrived for the Extended Learning areas.
• The Legacy Wall has been started.
• Working on new building punch-list items which include but are not limited to furniture, technology, and minor touchups
• Performing lawn soil preparation and seeding
• Installing fieldhouse brick veneer
• Installing fieldhouse plumbing, HVAC, and electrical
• Installing the running track final surfacing materials
• Preparing the fieldhouse/track site for bleacher and press-box installation
• The district’s Open House and Back to School Rally were well attended. Over 1000 students and families attended both events. Thank you to staff that worked so very hard to have our new facility shining brightly.
• The district would like to welcome The Village Network’s counselor. She will be working full time at Harrison Hills.
• Mrs. Snider attended the Jefferson County Educational Service Center’s (JCESC) Superintendent’s Cabinet where gifted, special education, and professional development topics were reviewed.
• Continual and ongoing support for teachers through professional development is being offered within the district
• Curricular materials highlighted as a teacher specific need are being reviewed and ordered as appropriate
• The start of the new school year has gone very well for payroll and budgetary matters.
• Transitioning of the district’s insurance for property and equipment has been completed.
• An update to the inventory by Industrial Appraisals will occur during the month of October.
• Bus drivers attended the school bus Inservice on Aug. 13th at Union Local High School.