Harrison Central Elementary
• Braxton Nice reached the 50-point club in AR points and Haylee Hatfield joined the 25-point club.
• Mrs. Wetherell’s 3rd Graders “shopping” during Market Day as a part of their Economics Unit! Students learned about being consumers and producers, keeping a budget, and making economic choices.
• Learning about Claudette Colvin during Black History Month.
• Ms. Van Camp is helping shape some fantastic art students!!!
• We celebrated the 100th Day of School in style!!!
• The 4th grade Stem project requirements this month was to use a white T-shirt. We had some tie-dyed shirts, a dog toy, pillows, bags, a headband, and flags. The creative this month was above and beyond. Keep up the good work 4th grade!
• As part of his service learning assignment, Alex spent his last two days in Mrs. Bailey's reading class teaching Spanish phrases to 5th graders. We enjoyed having Alex and wish him the best!
• Third grade students researched the use of fossil fuels as an energy source as well as alternative forms of energy such as biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, and wind energy. Then students put together presentations to educate their fellow classmates on what they discovered. Presentations included story books, newscasts, power points, trifolds, dioramas, songs, and puppet shows.
• Happy Retirement Mr. Dave – we will miss you!!!
• Congratulations to January Students of the Month! From preschool, Abbigail Eddy and Daphne Goffoli; Kindergarten, Bailee Hicks and Keagan Mallernee; 1st grade, Sophie Krankovich and Jace Monroe; 2nd grade Ryker Burdette and Reese Dunlap; 3rd grade, Cadence Dodds and Analeigh Parrish; 4th grade, Evie Richards and Austin Utter; 5th grade Miranda Cottrell and Joseph Taylor; and 6th grade Aubree Hodkinson and Shelby Dannehl.
Mark Your Calendar
Wednesday, February 5
• PTO meeting 3 PM
• The NED Kindness Show
Friday, February 14
• Parent-Teacher Conferences – no classes
Monday, February 17
• President’s Day – no classes
Friday, March 20
• 3rd 9-week grading period ends
Friday, March 27
• Report cards will be available for viewing
Thursday, April 9
• Easter Break
Wednesday, April 14
• Classes resume
Monday, May 25
• Memorial Day – no classes
Wednesday, May 27
• 4th 9-week grading period ends – last day of classes