Harrison Central Elementary
• Third grader, Garrett Wade, shows his depiction of Abraham Lincoln giving the Gettysburg Address for 21st Century Enrichment Class. His project was made from Legos. He even printed the Gettysburg Address on this tiny piece of paper for his LEGO-President Lincoln to hold. Also, Shayla Nameth (3rd Grade 21st Century) shows her black panther habitat and Bentley Slocum (3rd grade 21st Century) shows his sea turtle habitat project.
• Over 200 students and staff enjoyed a Wheeling Nailer hockey game as they celebrated the first 9-weeks Honor Roll and Principal’s List. During the Nailer’s Education Days game, they beat Cincinnati.
• Congratulations to 4th grade student Emerson Wood for winning the Harrison County Soil and Water District essay contest. Kelia Ferguson came to congratulate him.
• We love our positively wonderful students!
• Mrs. Gaffney’s 2nd grade student, Payton Smith, just achieved FACT MASTER status!
• Xavier Woodard and the 4th graders watched a Mystery Doug Video abut turkeys focusing on snood and wattles. The students then created a gobbler wobbler.
• Preschoolers are learning the letter “Cc”! They brought in many different show and tell items that started with the “c” sound. Cats, candles, cars, cows, and cookies were brought in and the students really loved the cookies!
• Mr. Bengier’s 4th grade students are enjoying learning with the new classroom maps!
• Mrs. McAfee’s 2nd grade super-star readers JB Visser who is leading the class with 100 AR points, Anistyn Waters with 75, and Jairden Coleman with 50 AR points. Knox Rogers is rocking his silly-looking glasses as an academic achievement award from Mrs. Jenn Starr’s class!
Mark Your Calendar
Wednesday, November 27
• Thanksgiving break
Thursday, November 28
• Happy Thanksgiving
Monday, December 2
• Classes resume
Wednesday, December 11
• Christmas Program with kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades Kindergarten 9:00AM 1st and 2nd grade 1:00PM
Friday, December 20
• Last day of school before Christmas break
Thursday, January 2
• Classes resume