Harrison Central Elementary
• Second grader always have a great time at Schumaker’s Farm. Nothing says fall like a trip to the ole pumpkin patch!
• Positive reports don’t go unnoticed at Harrison Central! James Hunt and Jaylie Byers-Cornwell were recognized for kindness and responsibility this week!
• Thanks to 2nd grade parent, Tonya Shockey for making this awesome pumpkin for Mrs. McAfee’s classroom!
• Kale Sproull earns 25 AR points this week!!
• Brinn Snyder is a peer tutor as she reads to Thomas Smith.
• 4th grade students were using the scientific method to conduct an experiment. They made pendulums and created a table to count the swings of a pendulum in 15 seconds.
• Mrs. Rocchi’s 3rd grade gifted students created some visuals for the most stories they read which included Davian Beal’s caption for Martin Luther King, Phoebe Goffolli honor the life of Francis Scott Key, and Analeigh Parrish created a habitat for a red-spotted lizard.
• October mean Bus Safety and thanks to School Resource Officers Valesko and Brooks for reminding students how important bus safety is as they travel to and from school.
• Miss Jacobsen’s 1st grade class practices buddy reads!
• This week students in Ms. Ashley and Ms. Dayna’s preschool class brought in many show and tell toys for the letter “Tt”. Some of the items were: tape measure, tow truck, truck and trailer, tractors, t-Rex, tigers, monster truck, tongs, teeth, and some other toys.
• High-five Fridays!!!
Mark Your Calendar
October 28 - November 1
• Red Ribbon Week
Monday - Hairs to being drug free (crazy hair or hat day)
Tuesday - Don’t let drugs ruin your dreams (PJ day – no slippers)
Wednesday - Be a superhero and say NO to drugs
Thursday - My future is too bright for drugs! (dress in neon colors)
Friday - Don’t be scared to be drug free! (Costume day – no masks or weapons)
Friday, November 1
• Report Cards available for viewing on Progress Book
Monday, November 11
• Veteran’s Day program 1:30 PM Harrison Central Auditorium
Wednesday, November 27
• Thanksgiving break
Thursday, November 28
• Happy Thanksgiving
Monday, December 2
• Classes resume
Friday, December 20
• Last day of school before Christmas break