Harrison Central Elementary
• Pictured below are some outstanding Harrison Central Elementary students who have been recognized for their honesty, citizenship, kindness, and compassion. November Students of the Month are preschool, Audrina Newbrough; kindergarten, Jace Bumgardner; 1st grade Landon Coffman; 2nd grande, Brinn Snyder; 3rd grade Colson Crothers; 4th grade, Hunter Snyder; 5th grade, Justin Scott; and 6th grade, Brady Moss. Congratulations!!
• Mrs. LuAnn’s preschool group made a word quilt of our favorite things at school as a literacy activity to go with their reading story.
• Hip Hip Hooray!! Preschoolers Caelyn, Alden and Kamden can count to 100!!
• Pictured below is Alyssa Forero as she shares her habitat project for a fairy penguin with her third grade 21st Century class. Also, some of Mrs. Rocchi’s 2nd and 3rd graders were treated to a special activity as a reward for collecting money to donated to UNICEF. Pictured are Garrett Wade and Bentley Slocum SS they show off their sun catchers they painted. Not pictured by worth recognizing are JC Nign, Gage Giesey, Dalton Cumings, Ashlynne Corder, Jax Triplett, Shayla Nameth, Logan DeWees, and Emeri Sefsick . Together they were able to raise $150 to give to children around the world in need.
• Fifth grader, Garrett Singhaus has earned 75 AR points. Good Job!!
• Second graders tried to save a few Thanksgiving turkeys by hosting their annual turkey disguises!
• Third graders participated in an "escape room" activity to free the Thanksgiving turkey. Students were given a limited amount of time to correctly answer science review questions in order to crack various codes, which unlocked boxes containing more clues and puzzle pieces that would set the turkey free!
• Fourth grade students use their creativity in creating playdough STEM projects.
• Second grade sharing some love and academic successes!
• We love recognizing positive behaviors!!
• We welcomed over 20 students from the JVS as they shadowed and got some real-life classroom experience.
• On Friday, December 6th, 2019 at 9:00am, Harrison Central Elementary held their annual building spelling bee. Sixteen students from the 5th and 6th grades participated in the bee which lasted 23 rounds. The students who finished in the top 8 and two alternates will continue to compete at the next level. Those students moving on are Sophie Bland (2nd Alternate), Jacob Quito (1st Alternate), Ethan Carpenter (8th place), Camie Langoehr (7th place), Joseph Taylor (6th place), Harlow Duke (5th place), Logan Milliken (6th place), Derrick Rogers (3rd place), Brady McAfee (2nd place), and our champion speller was 6th grade student, Ember Davenport. Congratulations to all the participants! These students will proudly represent our school at the next level, which is the Harrison Hills City School District Spelling Bee, taking place on Thursday, January 16th, 2020 at 6:00pm.
Mark Your Calendar
Friday, December 20
• Last day of school before Christmas break
Thursday, January 2
• Classes resume
Friday, January 10
• 2nd 9-week grading period ends
Friday, January 17
• Report cards available
Monday, January 20
• MLK, Jr. Day – no classes
Friday, February 14
• Parent-Teacher Conferences – no classes
Monday, February 17
• President’s Day – no classes