Harrison Open Houses
Friday, June 7th from 2:00-7:00pm
• Visit Harrison East, Harrison North, and Harrison Central
New Facility Grand Opening
Saturday, August 10th at 3:00pm
• Tours, refreshments, and souvenirs
New Facility Update
Harrison Hills City Schools New PK-12
• The HC is now painted on the middle/elementary school gym floor
• Site signage has begun
• Hand dryers are being installed in the larger bathrooms
• The two story walkway connecting the elementary to the middle school work continues
• Mr. Ripley met with Belmont Correctional Facility regarding security for the moving of items to the new school.
• Mr. Ripley and Mr. Albaugh had a training on the water heaters at the new school.
• Painting and installing ceilings in the elementary school wing
• Installation of casework in the elementary school wing first and second floors
• Installing technology cabling in the elementary school wing and arts area
• Electrical wiring at the elementary school wing and musical area
• Installing wood gym floors and striping
• Installing permanent flooring in the elementary school wing
• Installing exterior metal panels and trim at the student dining and high school wings
• Finishing drywall at the auditorium and arts area of the building
• Painting and installing ceilings at the arts are of the building
• Electrical, HVAC, and fire suppression installations at the auditorium and arts area of the building
• Interior glass and glazing
• Installing exterior glass and glazing at the elementary school connectors
• Installing hollow metal and wood doors and hardware
• Installing exterior site concrete at the front of the building and preparing for concrete in the main parking area
• Installing fieldhouse underground plumbing
• Mrs. Snider attended the Harrison East Honors Breakfast at Hopedale Social Hall. Thank you to the Lions Club for providing this wonderful breakfast.
• Mrs. Snider and Mr. Morgan attended the Senior Awards Ceremony. Congratulations to the seniors who received from locally provided sources over one-hundred thousand dollars and over one million dollars including college scholarships.
• On May 23rd. Mrs. Snider and Mr. Morgan attended both the Harrison Career Center's Certificate Ceremony and Harrison Central's Baccalaureate Ceremony. Thank you to the Harrison County League of Churches for providing this spiritual event.
• Mrs. Harding and Mrs. Snider attended the OMERESA Board of Directors' meeting.
• All Administrators attended the 2019 Commencement Ceremony held on May 24th. Congratulations to all Harrison Central graduates and best wishes for a wonderful future.
• Bids were received for summer projects in the Stephenson Center, Tires, Oil, Pest Control and Landscaping for the new school.
• Mr. Ripley met with another prospective bus driver.
• A cookout was held at the bus garage for all faculty and substitutes.
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Carter worked to secure materials for graduation and the Class of 2019
• Mr. Morgan worked in collaboration with our design company on the legacy wall in the new school
• Mr. Morgan and Mr. Allen have worked to complete the time capsules to be installed in the new school
• Mr. Morgan and Mr. Ripley worked to secure class composite photos for the digital display within the new school
• Mr. Morgan secured curricular materials for Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, Mathematics, Computer Science, Spanish, and Industrial Arts
• Mr. Morgan participated in year-end special education meetings
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Hajiran collaborated on specific preparations for meetings within special education
• Mr. Morgan, Mr. Parker, and Mr. Clifford worked to integrate leaders within our District into the 20th Commencement Ceremony of Harrison Central High School
• Mr. Morgan collaborated with the HCBDD on summer service providers and location; thank you to Mrs. Brittany Wood!
• Mr. Morgan worked to prepare documents for scoring within gifted education
• Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Knight collaborated on the professional development day within reading and writing standards coverage
• Mr. Morgan worked with faculty on teacher licensure
• Mr. Morgan and a team of local employees worked to finalize details on new school construction details
• Mr. Morgan worked with local entities in preparing for our upcoming move and auction
• Mr. Morgan arranged and attended an introductory training on new curriculum within Science and Social Studies
• Mr. Morgan led a tour of former and current Harrison Hills Superintendents on the site of our new school complex