HCHS MISSION STATEMENT
Harrison Central’s mission is to collaborate with parents and the community to educate and empower all students to become compassionate contributing citizens who will excel in an ever-changing world.
HCHS VISION STATEMENT
Harrison Central’s vision is to provide all students with learning opportunities that inspire them to reach their highest potential in order to thrive as productive members of society.
HCHS BELIEF STATEMENTS
- We believe student learning should encompass academic, extra-curricular, and social activities for a well rounded education.
- We believe the purpose of the school is to provide students with a safe environment that is conducive to learning and to provide to the students a staff that is caring and compassionate.
- We believe effective teaching is essential to the successful education of students. Teachers should have a thorough knowledge of the subject to be able to communicate well with students, staff, parents, and administrators. They also must be willing to change their teaching styles to benefit the ever-changing educational environment.
- We believe the principal’s primary job is to provide a positive, safe environment for students, staff, and parents. They should also be able to communicate well with others and have an open mind concerning problems and/or changes that need to be made for a better school.
- We believe the parent’s role in education is to reinforce the homework and supply additional information at home. Parents should encourage their children to conduct themselves appropriately so as to produce a learning environment at home and school. Parents should support their children!
- We believe that a positive, safe, and successful education of our students needs to be a combined effort of teachers, administrators, parents, and community.